Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Not actually traveling the world anymore but IM IN COLLEGE!

Well, I'm back.  And I'm not back with something as exciting as walking through the streets in Venice, Italy or drinking sangria in Barcelona, Spain but I did leave for college!  That's kind of exciting right?!  I finally have a little time to fill  you all in on my first month at Illinois Wesleyan and I may or may not be procrastinating once again from doing my homework.

I moved in August 16th officially but was able to start moving stuff into my dorm the Friday before.  So,  I made several trips throughout the weekend which made it a lot easier than doing it all in a couple hours before we had meetings for volleyball.  On Friday, my grandparents surprised me from Chicago to help move things in and rearrange my room!  It was super nice to have them there to help and I enjoyed getting to see them.  Saturday and Sunday I moved little stuff in and all of my clothes.  Then, Sunday we had a quick parent meeting and that was it, I was officially a college student.

We slept over at some of our teammates rooms/houses and talked about our team goals that night.  The next morning we woke up and went to the zoo as a team which was super fun.  Later that night, we went to my house to have dinner.  The next morning we were up and at it early to start our testing.  Our testing included running the beep test and getting to a certain level and we had to do 50 burpees in 4 minutes.  Everyone passed the burpees on the first try and it was awesome to know we all got them done!  Soon, doubles started and all we had time for was sleeping, eating, and playing volleyball.  But, I still enjoyed it and I love all the freshman and girls on my team.

School started August 25th I  believe and our coach was nice enough to give us a day off of practice.  My classes are economics, psychology, friendship (a class I was assigned to that freshman take), and accounting.  And for those who don't know, I have decided to major in accounting!  My classes have been going good but definitely a lot of homework that is much different than high school.  I have my first college tests next Thursday in econ and psych so I'll have to let you guys know how that goes!

Last weekend we went to Texas and I had a blast!  It was a competitive tournament and we finished 2-2 but I'm very excited to see what this team accomplishes in the future.  We saw the bats fly out from under the bridge in Austin and went to a true BBQ restaurant as well when we were there.  Also, a piece of advice:  never play bean boozled.

Some exciting things coming up:

-I've decided I'm going to rush and see how I like it so the first night of that starts tonight and I'm super excited!
-I meet next Tuesday with a lady to talk about studying abroad
-We have our first real home game/tournament this weekend!

I hope all of you have a good rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment